Local network and Remote Network IP Blocking

Hi,

I need to block Local network and Remote Network IP ranges.

Through "logo_esmc.svg 7.0" and client Eset Endpoint security 7.0.

i already tried existing policy network protection - firewall - advanced - rules - both direction deny.

not working.

Sample.png

• Administrators

Do not specify both local and remote ports and a time since the logical AND is applied and both conditions won't be met at a time.

• Administrators

Edit the rule that has both the local and remote IP addresses same.  Use only local IP addresses if you want to block any communication on these ports from outside.

First question is do you have the Firewall set to "Interactive" or "Policy" mode?

As far as I am aware of only one Eset firewall profile can be active at any given time. Therefore, the "IP blocking" rule will only apply if the "Internal Network" profile is active.

If your goal is to block all inbound/outbound traffic regardless of origin, remove all entries in both Local and Remote port/IP address sections.

Also note that any inbound/outbound network traffic that matches any prior allow rules will be allowed regardless of origin. If any of the local subnet address you have specified access any of the ports specified in your existing allow rules, that traffic will be allowed. Remember Eset firewall rules are executed from top to bottom in the rule set.

Edited by itman