Daily Deep Scans

TD-Dave

I just realized that none of the 68 clients we've installed ESET endpoint security on, have done a deep scan past the initial start up one. I'm going through the task options in the cloud admin and its not very clear how I set this up. I'd like each workstation to be scanned daily at 22:00. Any direction would be much appreciated as this is an entirely new setup to me.

• Administrators

I'd start off by checking Scheduler on a client and make sure that the task is configured properly. Is the machine turned on at the time the task is due to run?

• ESET Staff

@TD-Dave Hello, there are in fact two ways how to set up scans: 

1. Via a "client task" with a name "on demand computer scan". In this case, the scan will be initiated by ESET Management Agent, and you will see it state in the tasks section (whether it did run or not)
  2. Via policy for "ESET Endpoint Security for Windows" where in "tools" you can locate "scheduler" and add a new entry for the scan you want to do. In this case, you will only see the state in the ESMC dashboard, section "antivirus threats", where you will see share of computers that have been scanned in last XYZ days (ideally if scans will be run daily, it should be all green). 

Hope that this helps.