Web Control Logs

We use ESET Endpoint Security with the web control feature. Among other things we block the Games category, works well. However the web control logs get flooded with xbox and google play entries from win10 machines. We dont want people playing games, but i feel these entries are from win10/google services phoning home, not actual games being played. I say that because MY machine is one that gets flagged constantly and i do not play games on this machine and none are installed. I have tried adding some exceptions, I was unsuccessful , my logs continue to fill. Anyone got any ideas?

• Administrators

If you add a permissive url-based rule for "play.google.com", put it on top of the rules and under Web and email -> SSL/TLS disable "Exclude communication with trusted domains", does it work then?

Have you tried disabling the xbox service on the device it's self then the traffic does not happen, and no need to try to get eset to ignore/not log it?

Users were receiving play.google.com block notification even if  they go to google home page .We added play.google.com in allowed url and it worked.