web camera access attempts

I receive notification several times a day that an application is trying to access my web camera. So far, ESET has always blocked it, I think. Is there an adjustment I can make in my computer to prevent anyone from trying to access my camera. This is probably one of the most creepy invasions possible. 

Thanks

Lorna

• Administrators

What version of ESET Internet Security do you have installed? Make sure that you have the latest v12.0.31 installed. Then delete all existing Webcam protection rules and block further attempts to use the webcam.

Thank you Marcos. I am using the latest version and when I went into Setup - Computer Protection the item Device Control is permanently disabled.  When I open Device Control, the webcam setting is on Blocked. Should I change the Device Control setting to ON? ESET seems to be blocking all attempts to access the webcam as it is now which is why I'm concerned about changing anything. 

• 1 month later...

Not to hijack this topic, but can anyone suggest an easy way to find out what web page (or more specifically, the content within it*) is actually requesting webcam access?  All I get is a warning that Google Chrome is attempting access.  (*I am assuming that naughty embedded advertisement code is doing the requesting.)

On 2/20/2019 at 10:03 PM, RoboScorpion said:

Not to hijack this topic, but can anyone suggest an easy way to find out what web page (or more specifically, the content within it*) is actually requesting webcam access?  All I get is a warning that Google Chrome is attempting access.  (*I am assuming that naughty embedded advertisement code is doing the requesting.)

There's a search bar at the top right for this forum. Try that one with specific words you want to search.