Smart Security 7

Recently I purchased smart security 6. I finally got around to installing it, and it told me there was a new version available and I could download it....well, it downloaded at 22.2 kbps, took me about an hour - an hour and a half to download it. I get it installed, ran the initial signature database update, it says its 40791 kb, ive been sitting here 15-20 mins downloading and its only at 20000 kb. Is this normal for the updates/downloads to be this slow? Uninstalled norton for this, but with speeds that slow it makes me reconsider, I dont particularly like waiting hours for something to download, which is why I got rid of dial up ;). So, just wondering if anyone else has this issue, or if there is something I need to do to correct this

• Administrators

I've just tried to update at home and the update was downloaded at speed ~ 1MB/s. Do you mean that you have a fast Internet connection but updates are always downloaded slowly though?

Surprised to read your post ldm. I was previously with Kaspersky and the daily updates from them seemed to take forever! Everyone blamed their servers. My installation with eset was lightning fast, and so has been the daily updates so far.

If you google 'slow internet security updates' you'll find most of the leading security suites being complained about by their users. Notably KIS and Norton, being the worst offenders.

Assumed you uninstalled your old security completely? I've always used CCleaner :- hxxp://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

to clean the registry after uninstalling any program. (It's free! and safe) - Gets rid of the remnants that might cause conflict with a replacement.

Apart from that, can't suggest anything else.