Win 7 clients not connecting to ERA

Hi,

Few Windows 7 clients doesn't connect to ERA 6.5 admin console suddenly. Following error is shown the error log

Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host:"XXXX" port: 2222' failed with: Receive: NodSslWriteEncryptedData: Handshake failed to complete

We are from XXX and have raised a support ticket through ESET support website. The ticket was handled by a vendor who sends the logs to ESET labs. I haven't seen such worst support with any of the antivirus vendors. After 3 weeks of torture with them we had to give up.

I have seen few other users who have complained about the same issue but i'm not finding any working solution. We have done reinstalling,upgrading and downgrading AV.

Issue occurs only on few Windows 7 clients and there is no network/firewall issue since there are other windows 7 machines which connects to ERA without any problem.

Any help other than reinstalling the OS is appreciated.

Edited by Justin
editt

• Administrators

Please provide me with the ticket number for identification of your ticket. The best would be to know the ID of the ticket that your local customer care used in communication with ESET HQ.

In the mean time, make sure that this update is installed:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2883492/sec-e-internal-error-error-when-a-32-bit-application-calls-the-schanne

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for responding. We will install the hotfix and share the status.

We didn't receive any ticket number  after raising a request through ESET support website.. It was just a mail communication between third party vendor and us. I can message you their details. There is no escalation matrix shared to the customers and these vendors take this as an advantage. I can message you their details.

I'm getting the error

This update is not applicable is not applicable on this computer

This is a Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 machine

• Administrators

I'm getting the error

This update is not applicable is not applicable on this computer

This is really weird because Microsoft says on the mentioned website:

Prerequisites

To apply this hotfix, you must be running one of the following operating systems:

• Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
  • The 64-bit version of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Please try creating a Procmon log from the time you attempt to install the update, maybe it will show incorrect detection of the OS. Also I'm going to drop you a personal message shortly.