Scanning for days

j-gray

Full scan is scheduled for Wednesday afternoons. Typically it is still running days later. Today is no exception as it is Friday afternoon and has been running since Wednesday.

The GUI gives no useful information. Apparently the scan from last week is still 'in progress', as is this weeks scan. But two days later it apparently still has scanned zero files.

Where can I look to determine what's up with the scan?

image.png.70f16034a4f3331413f836f53c53b0a1.png

Edited by j-gray

On 5/25/2018 at 3:31 PM, itman said:

40.5 million files scanned prior to being interrupted.:lol:

A little fishy, right?

And it was still scanning today when I came in, so it's been going almost a week. We don't scan network drives/shares and my local drive is not that large.

The GUI still shows 'Scanning in progress' with '0' files scanned.  I rebooted several times and both scheduled scans still show 'Scanning in progress'. The icon is not animated, so as far as I can tell it is not scanning presently.

There's nothing logged under 'Events', either. It's empty.

Anyone have any suggestions where to look to figure out 1) is it scanning currently, 2) what has it been scanning

Also wondering if it is expected behavior to start a new scan if one is already running. Also, when/how often is the 'Scanned' count updated in the GUI? Only when the scan is completed or interrupted?

Appreciate any insight.

I assume the Endpoint product supports "idle-state" scanning option? If so and if enabled, perhaps there is a conflict with it and your manually scheduled scans?

I use the idle-state scanning option in Internet Security but don't have any boot drive/network custom scheduled scans enabled other than the Eset default ones. If I run a custom manually initialed scan including Smart scan, I have never had any issues with scan completion.

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, itman said:

I assume the Endpoint product supports "idle-state" scanning option? If so and if enabled, perhaps there is a conflict with it and your manually scheduled scans?

The OS X client does not have the option of idle state scanning like the Windows client does...