Mozilla Thunderbird (last vers u suppport)

Can anyone tell me what is the last version of Mozilla Thunderbird that ESET Smart Security supports?

I was under the impression that it is version 5.x

All1

• Administrators

Support for Thunderbird was dropped years ago and older versions are not supported in current versions of security products. However, as long as you receive email through POP3(S) or IMAP(S), received email will be scanned for threats anyways.

6 hours ago, Alloneword said:

So if i was to upgrade my TB to latest version and my emails come via IMAP it would catch everything yes?

Yes. However for security reasons, you should be receiving your e-mail via IMAPS protocol.

You can verify that Eset is scanning T-Bird e-mails via the Protection Statistics -> Email client protection feature as shown in the below screenshot. After closing a T-Bird e-mail session, the All Objects count shown should be a non-zero value assuming new email was received in T-Bird:

Eset_Prot_Stats.thumb.png.ff645415f6901c6630c6021e4286a336.png 

Edited by itman

Thanks for this info itman i have checked and yes it's scanning fine, so i might as well upgrade to latest TB version, I am moving everything away from pop3 to imap in next few weeks so should be a bit better on the security front, many thanks to both you and Marcos

All1