Disable Windows Defender when running ESET Antivirus?

They seem to work just fine together, but if there's no benefit to be had and I can safely disable Windows Defender, then who wouldn't want the extra performance?

I'm just curious what y'all do.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, chockomonkey said:

They seem to work just fine together, but if there's no benefit to be had and I can safely disable Windows Defender

Depends what you mean here.

In Win 10, you can enable Windows Defender for periodic scanning. In that mode, WD is doing on-demand scanning only; real-time scanning is disabled. You should not be able to activate real-time scanning as long as Eset is installed. 

41 minutes ago, itman said:

Depends what you mean here.

In Win 10, you can enable Windows Defender for periodic scanning. In that mode, WD is doing on-demand scanning only; real-time scanning is disabled. You should not be able to activate real-time scanning as long as Eset is installed. 

Hey thanks for the reply. It was my bad for not specifying our environment--Win7 Defender is the one in question, and it claims to have real-time protection on.

Edited by chockomonkey

Win 7 Defender is not the same as Windows Defender installed on Win 8+. I as many others consider it for all practical purpose a sub-standard security mechanism. I would leave it disabled.

Edited by itman