Update authorization failed. Please check if your license is valid

Waplo

Good day I have a problem with the product activation.

The antivirus was bought at a local shop, last year I had Eset Smart Security
First I tried to use the license into my old expired installation but it said it was a different product and my key required to download another program.
So I uninstalled the old Smart Security and downloaded ESET Nod32 antivirus from through the link inside the cd.

Then I insert my license and activated it, everything was fine apparently.
As showin in my images, it says "succesfull activation" and "valid until 17/2/2019"

Unfortunately every time I try to update it says "Update authorization failed. Please check if your license is valid"

I tried clearing the update cache, typing "netsh winsock reset" in command prompts, reinstalling, and activating it several times but nothing works.
However I receive absolutely no error during activation.

This happened on two different computers, since I bought a license for 3. Both had the eset smart security from last year.

scs1.png

scs2.png

scs3.png

SOLVED.

I'll post my solution in case someone else has the same problem.
Basically it was a problem caused by installing an older version of the antivirus through the offline installer.
I downloaded the live installer, version 11.0.159.9 activated with no problems through my serial code.

• Administrators

It's weird anyways. I didn't find the Password value in your ESI log, only Username was there but have no clue why. Downloading the latest installer from ESET's download page and installing it from scratch is a good idea before troubleshooting possible issues further.