ESET File Security causing slow printing by terminal services

Hi,

I installed EFS 4.5.12011.2 on a Win2003 Server, everything works fine, but one problem, when any user connects by terminal services (remote desktop) and send a printing job to a HP LASERJET 1102W (connected to a pc in the lan), the job, takes more than one minute to be completed. When EFS, is disabled, the print job gets back to normal (no delay).

I enabled EFS, and unmarked the options Open file and create file (see image attached), and this way, the printing jobs works fine, but I know, this is not recomended, for security reasons, so my questions are:

1. What else do you recomend to do, in EFS configuration?
  2. Is there something that I'm missing?

Attached EFS configuration file and sysinspector log of this server.

Thank you for your help.

SysInspector-VAPSA-GLOBAL-131121-1406.zip

Conf EFS 4.5.xml

EFS configuration.bmp

• Administrators

We'd need to get a Process monitor log from the moment when the issue occurs. I'd suggest contacting customer care and supplying them with the log. You can upload the log to a safe location and pm me the download link so that I can check it out myself, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

So what was the fix?  I am facing the same issue.  Redirected USB printer from a thin client connecting to a terminal server takes 1 minute or more to process print job.  I have been able to work around the issue by disabling real-time scanning.  What exclusions do I need?  I already have the default exclusions for windows\system32\spools\printers\*.hdp* or whatever those file extensions are.   

• Administrators

So what was the fix?  I am facing the same issue.  Redirected USB printer from a thin client connecting to a terminal server takes 1 minute or more to process print job.  I have been able to work around the issue by disabling real-time scanning.  What exclusions do I need?  I already have the default exclusions for windows\system32\spools\printers\*.hdp* or whatever those file extensions are.   

I'd strongly recommend contacting customer care and providing them with a Process monitor log from the time when the issue occurs. Also logs from ESET Log Collector may be helpful. You can also pm me with download links to both files to have them checked with priority.