Jump to content

Recommended Posts

ESET Cybersecurity Pro is in need of modernization with regard to its UI.  It is looking a bit dated and lagging behind the products of other vendors.  It also should offer new features that are more pertinent to current users.  Often, the Mac offerings lag way behind those on the Windows side, even though a number of features can be ported over...ex. camera protection.  A more robust firewall would also be welcomed.  Food for thought.  As a Mac user, I'm a little tired of being taken for granted.  We are asked to pay basically the same amount for internet security products as Windows users but receive far less in terms of features.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
On 15/12/2017 at 2:38 AM, Aslan said:

Often, the Mac offerings lag way behind those on the Windows side, even though a number of features can be ported over...ex. camera protection.

You aren't wrong. Most, if not all competitors have now been able to provide equivalent or up-to-par features to Mac, including the basics of SSL/HTTPS (which would broaden the protection scope in web browsers, email clients, etc. for ESET) and Webcam Protection. Most already include this, and this year it seems that Ransomware protection is now the new feature being introduced in order to protect specific folders from modification. A welcome feature.

At the moment, as it is, ESET is quite behind in the macOS field.

Edited by planet
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders
On 12/19/2017 at 12:03 PM, planet said:

You aren't wrong. Most, if not all competitors have now been able to provide equivalent or up-to-par features to Mac, including the basics of SSL/HTTPS (which would broaden the protection scope in web browsers, email clients, etc. for ESET) and Webcam Protection. Most already include this, and this year it seems that Ransomware protection is now the new feature being introduced in order to protect specific folders from modification. A welcome feature.

At the moment, as it is, ESET is quite behind in the macOS field.

@planet

GREAT feedback and heads up for ESET!

@Marcos & @Peter Randziak

Have a splendid 2018 all! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, m4v3r1ck said:

GREAT feedback and heads up for ESET!

I should mention that shortly after that post, version 6.5.600 was released and contained the following:

Quote

Added: Partial support of HTTPS protocol in Web Access Protection and Web Control Protection (e.g., HTTPS blocking but no SSL scanning)

So it seems that some progress is on the way, which is great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ESET Insiders
3 minutes ago, planet said:

I should mention that shortly after that post, version 6.5.600 was released and contained the following:

So it seems that some progress is on the way, which is great.

Thanks for the heads up @planet!

But at this pace, I'll not live day that the UI is updated as required/requested by many ESET Customers.

Cheers! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...