Hi,

Using Windows 1709 x64 with SolarFlare 10Gb Network card with EIS installed and trying to Enable Microsoft RSC ( Receive Segment Coalescing State )  doesn't enable it with error saying ( WPF Compatibility  )

When it's enable properly it should says  ( NoFailure )

Could you update your WPF driver to support RSC ? I talked to SolarFlare and they said the WPF driver need to support it or else it would disable RSC till you uninstall or disable it.  

Please update your WPF drivers with ESET so I can keep using your Antivirus + Firewall , or else it just disable the RSC for me.

With EIS it doesn't work, as soon I uninstalled EIS , RSC started working without the WPF Compatibility error.

Screenshot attached   .  The first one is with EIS installed 10.1.235 

The 2nd is  EIS uninstalled

I have yet tried ESET 11 which was just released , but I want to wait for your answer about this. please if you can release a Beta or Pre-Release version so I can test it ASAP ! if it doesn't work with version 11 just yet !

656777.jpg

5777777.jpg

Edited by x7007

Well,  because some brands like SolarFlare doesn't support Large Receive Offload anymore in their drivers . I have it on because I've manage to do it using older driver and then upgrade to newer one while keeping the setting in the advanced options.

But RSC is the only choice if I do not  have Large Receive offload  and the only way to enable RSC is using ESET 11 now .   but now that ESET 11 has the newer Window Filter Platform driver it's working.  

Large receive offload improves a lot , RSC improves even more.  it's not about the CPU Usage but more about the DPC while it moves the data .   it delay all the other drivers/system while performing the download task over high download speed bandwidth .   and the DPC just going over the roof.

Edited by x7007

Still getting WFP Compatibility after using ESET .  Uninstalling it is working fine.  don't know why it took time for it to show WFP Compatibility .

Please update ESET Driver.

Marcos, Eset ,

Could you make WPF Compatibility drivers please ?> Kaspersky internet Security 2018 is working fine to compare with eset.

Edited by x7007

I figured the issue.

When installing ESET it changes the TCP ACK Frequency to 1 .   RSC works fine with that.  if I change to 0 to disable.  then it says WFP not compatible .

Why Kaspersky doesn't need to change the  TCP ACK Frequency  but ESET  does ?

Testing again.

What causing the WFP Compatibility to be shown again and again after a while is the Maintain inactive TCP connections .

What does it actually do ?  what program it can affect ?  Can I keep it disabled for performance or compatibility ?

Edited by x7007

It seems that is the cause .

Can someone explain this option please ?  why it's default set to Off and when should it should be On ?

• Administrators

We added the option to maintain inactive TCP connections to solve certain issues in the past. If you don't experience any issues with this option disabled, you can keep it disabled.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

We added the option to maintain inactive TCP connections to solve certain issues in the past. If you don't experience any issues with this option disabled, you can keep it disabled.

ok,

So this is the fix for the WFP Compability , need to keep it disabled and RSC works fine.. finally I've found the issue.

Also another question . Can ESET work without TcpAckFrequency  set to 1/Disabled ?     because it effect the performance of my connection.     When installing ESET it changes automatically the setting.

What happens if ESET is installed and set automatically TcpAckFrequency to 1  and I change it to  TcpAckFrequency default n/a  ? which means it doesn't exist.  would ESET won't work properly or causing issues ?

Edited by x7007

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, x7007 said:

Also another question . Can ESET work without TcpAckFrequency  set to 1/Disabled ?     because it effect the performance of my connection.     When installing ESET it changes automatically the setting.

I don't think this will change since with TcpAckFrequency set to 1 the performance is much worse. Honestly, you are the only user that I've heard of where the behavior is opposite.

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I don't think this will change since with TcpAckFrequency set to 1 the performance is much worse. Honestly, you are the only user that I've heard of where the behavior is opposite.

Because when  ESET set it from Default n/a which is nore 0 or 1 .   then it uses less UPLOAD speed.   my connection is 500mbit/10mbit  so I am very limited with upload .     ESET changing the TcpAckFrequency to 1 uses more UPLOAD speed because it send more upload because how it works .     

The question is if I install ESET and it changes the registry to 1  , can I set it to Default n/a like it was without ESET without causing issues with the ESET Firewall or protection ?

• Administrators

The reason for the change is that Windows will sometimes delay sending TCP ACK to the point that the active connection would stall. Despite numerous appeals and released fixes the problem was never solved completely. This is only happening with ESET's network drivers installed. We're changing this value to force Windows to send ACKs more often as a workaround.

It doesn't affect protection.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 5:49 PM, Marcos said:

The reason for the change is that Windows will sometimes delay sending TCP ACK to the point that the active connection would stall. Despite numerous appeals and released fixes the problem was never solved completely. This is only happening with ESET's network drivers installed. We're changing this value to force Windows to send ACKs more often as a workaround.

It doesn't affect protection.

Can I change it back to N/A instead 1 when using Eset Antivirus only ?  Without the internet Security Firewall ,  just the ESET Antivirus Edition.

Edited by x7007

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, x7007 said:

Can I change it back to N/A instead 1 when using Eset Antivirus only ?  Without the internet Security Firewall ,  just the ESET Antivirus Edition.

You can try if it helps you. To my best knowledge, we keep information that the value was changed after installation and do not attempt to change it back then.