Eset smart security 10 windows 10 high disk usage

ever since I made the switch to windows 10 eset smart security regularly uses 100% disk activity. eset is not letting me do anything useful on my computer, my pc has become really slow now I see eset hogging all disk usage all the time if I'm trying to open an app or software, play music in an app or watch a movie it will hog all disk usage see my attached image for an example here im trying to open nexus mod manager but eset says "no disk usage is mine back off" the same thing happens while playing games all games have horrible stutters and when I check my task manager I can see eset hogging all disk resource. I have been using eset for the past 9 years but im getting really frustrated with eset now my license is expiring next month if I don't get a solution then I will finally move away from eset it has kept my PC's safe for a decade now, it does the best job at that but this compromise is not worth it.

59ba91d5072da_esetdiskhog.thumb.JPG.1213a66bd5f6b1dcc28d8d34a0a19559.JPG

• Administrators

Could you try uninstalling ESET and installing it from scratch with default settings? Enabling diagnostic logging could have adverse effect both on performance and disk usage. Should the problem persist, create a log with Process monitor when the issue occurs, compress it, upload it along ELC logs to a safe location and pm me download links. Also try to narrow it down to a particular protection feature or setting disabling which resolves the issue. Start with disabling real-time time protection. Also check if disabling automatic gamer mode activation when an application running in full screen mode is detected makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Could you try uninstalling ESET and installing it from scratch with default settings? Enabling diagnostic logging could have adverse effect both on performance and disk usage. Should the problem persist, create a log with Process monitor when the issue occurs, compress it, upload it along ELC logs to a safe location and pm me download links. Also try to narrow it down to a particular protection feature or setting disabling which resolves the issue. Start with disabling real-time time protection. Also check if disabling automatic gamer mode activation when an application running in full screen mode is detected makes a difference.

I have tried reinstalling eset with default settings before nothing changed, logging on the other hand is set to informative under tools > log files section. I have also tried multiple times to disable startup scans nothing changed, idle state scanning is already disabled so is automatic gamer mode and when I finally disable real time system protection then eset complaints about the system being vulnerable and I should enable it.

Edit: turning off real time protection system appears to have solved high disk usage issue when launching app or software but then eset and windows 10 complaints about virus protection turned off. high disk usage when gaming or in full-screen mode is still there could it be coz of game mode?

Edited by Matty013
addition

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Matty013 said:

Edit: turning off real time protection system appears to have solved high disk usage issue when launching app or software but then eset and windows 10 complaints about virus protection turned off. high disk usage when gaming or in full-screen mode is still there could it be coz of game mode?

Please let Procmon log operations for about 1-2 minutes when the issue occurs. Then compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me a download link. Also ELC logs could help so you could collect them and upload the generated zip file as well.