During execution of Aktualisieren on the computer PC776, the following event occurred: Datei nicht auf dem Server gefunden.

Hi,

how can i find out what this error message is trying to tell me?

05.09.2017 10:35:19 - During execution of Aktualisieren on the computer PC776, the following event occurred: Datei nicht auf dem Server gefunden. (File on Server not found).

Updates, Policys, etc. are working fine..

• Administrators

Do you update from ESET servers or from a mirror? If the latter, you'll need to create the mirror with Endpoint v6.6 since it began to use a new format of update files and modules. 

• Administrators

No, don't use a mirror unless inevitable. If you have more computers in your network and want to save traffic, use an http proxy rather than a mirror.

In order to troubleshoot update issues, make sure that you have Endpoint 6.6 installed and then enable advanced update engine logging in the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostis, run manual update and then provide the appropriate etl file created in the Diagnostics folder. It should be reasonably small so you should be able to attach it to a post here.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, schuetzdentalCB said:

Just for some more information: The error appears under the windows user? NT-Authority. Thats what i can see in the error log in eset.

That's correct. It's because ekrn.exe runs under the local system account.