Same Eset server but new IP adress

Hi

we are going to change the ERA server adress and i've read some topic like 

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3701/?locale=en_US

to be complete :

1.  I need a Remote administrator agent policy with the IP adress of my actual server in 1st and my future server IP adress in 2nd ? then when i change the IP adress i remove the old adress ... ? how this list work, is it like a round robin or it select the 1st and if it not respond it switch to the second ?
  2. Also for this server act as a proxy server, it have to be change also after ip adress change ?

anything else to me modified  ?

thanks

• Administrators

You can specify a list of servers in an Agent policy. If connection to the first server list fails, agent will attempt to connect to the second server in the list.

I'd suggest checking the server certificate if it was generated with "*" in the host field. If not, make sure that the new IP address or hostname is added and the updated certificate is pushed via a policy to clients.

Once connection to the new server's IP address is ensured, edit both Endpoint and Agent policy and configure the proxy server to point to the new IP address.

Edited by Marcos
Corrected according to MartinK

• ESET Staff
33 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I'd suggest checking the peer agent certificate if it was generated with "*" in the host field. If not, make sure that the new IP address or hostname is added and the updated certificate is pushed via a policy to clients.

Actually this is not completelly true :). It is SERVER peer certificate that has to be signed for all hostnames/IP addresses (or for all of them using wildcard *). Possibly newly generated SERVER certificate has to be set in Admin->Server configuration to take effect.