Empty Threat Log

Hi,

I'm a new mac user switching from windows. I owned some windows license for my pc and naturally I tried cyber security for mac.

I've got a problem with cyber security for mac.

I do a full depth scan of the system. It return 12 threats, but I can't see any log of this. When I go in Tools > logs > computer scan, some scans are missing and no scans return 12 threats.
If I go to Tools > logs > Threat detected, the list is totaly blank...

I'm in trial version and I will pay a subscription only if all works :)

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

I am so sorry, i wish i could help with this, but i dont really use a mac. 

I just can't help but say that every time i see this post on the forums here i think about an "Empty-Threat Log" instead of an "Empty Threat-Log" ... My "Empty-Threat Log is filled with entries like "If you don't stop hitting your sister i'm going to turn this car around" and "If you leave the toilet seat up one more time i'll divorce you" "

Again, i'm so sorry i'm unable to assist.

Jdashn

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders
On 6/20/2017 at 10:47 PM, jdashn said:

I am so sorry, i wish i could help with this, but i dont really use a mac. 

I just can't help but say that every time i see this post on the forums here i think about an "Empty-Threat Log" instead of an "Empty Threat-Log" ... My "Empty-Threat Log is filled with entries like "If you don't stop hitting your sister i'm going to turn this car around" and "If you leave the toilet seat up one more time i'll divorce you" "

Again, i'm so sorry i'm unable to assist.

Jdashn

Hallo @jdashn,

Please note that this is a forum about ESET products and not for making remarks about the English grammar used by its members. Remember - pay respect to the fact - that we are not all ENG native speakers/readers/writers here.

Can't help this or any other user with his/her specific issue? Just move on!

[/<_<]

Cheers

• ESET Insiders
On 5/23/2017 at 9:12 AM, AntaresFR said:

Hi,

I'm a new mac user switching from windows. I owned some windows license for my pc and naturally I tried cyber security for mac.

I've got a problem with cyber security for mac.

I do a full depth scan of the system. It return 12 threats, but I can't see any log of this. When I go in Tools > logs > computer scan, some scans are missing and no scans return 12 threats.
If I go to Tools > logs > Threat detected, the list is totaly blank...

I'm in trial version and I will pay a subscription only if all works :)

Regards

Hi @AntaresFR,

Has your issue(s) been resolved yet?

Cheers

Sorry for the offence, it wasn't to say anything about the grammar, native language, or anything of the sort, just the phrase 'Empty Threat Log', which is a phrase I would have used myself were I to be having the same issue (not sure how else one WOULD describe it)--. Really it was more of a comment on how my brain works, and hoping someone might read it and be able to assist the OP (was bumping a 1 month old unanswered post), didn't even think for a moment someone might take it to mean I was commenting on someone's grammar.

I'm very sorry.

I do apologize for any offence and would be more than happy to have my posts on this thread totally removed if any was taken by anyone reading it, as none was meant.  Kinda catching me off guard here as I'm having difficulty reading it as you are, but I can understand how someone might be sensitive to things i'm oblivious to due to culture or previous experiences. 

• Administrators

I'd suggest contacting Customer care and creating a regular support ticket as we'll need to collect logs from your machine to find out if the appropriate dat file doesn't contain any records or if it's that they are not only displayed.