Where is egui.exe loading from?

coch

This is just out of curiosity and not a problem I'm having:

I'm using NOD32 v10 on windows 10 x64, administrator account. I can't seem to figure out where is egui.exe loading from.

egui.exe does auto-start with windows, however:

- It is not showing in the "Startup" tab of the Task manager.

- It is not in my start menu's "Startup" folder.

- It's not under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

- It's not under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

- Could not find a scheduled task that would load egui.exe.

- Could not find a service that would load egui.exe. There is a service for ekrn.exe though. Maybe that's it i.e. perhaps ekrn.exe automatically loads egui.exe?

NOD32's egui.exe appears to work as intended and does auto-start as it should, but I'd like to know why as I can't find an 'auto-start' entry for it anywhere on my system.

Just trying to learn something here... is there another location that I don't know about in Windows where a program can put its "auto-start" entry to make it load with Windows? (As it doesn't seem to be in the usual places people look for I'd even call it "hiding" its auto-start entry).

Edit, also searched HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] and it's not there either.

Edited by coch

Thanks Marcos, I thought I was going crazy for a minute before I started to suspect this might be the case.

Glad to know there doesn't seem to be another potential location in Windows where software can "stash" autorun entries.

Thanks!

Edited by coch