No Eset Network Filters in SS 10?

I just re-installed release .386 using the off-line installer. I checked my Wi-Fi network adapter connection and noticed than no Eset network filters were installed. Can I assume in ver. 10 that all Eset network filtering is now being done by the Win 10 Eset AMSI interface? -EDIT- Thought this interface was for monitoring script execution only.

Also, just how is Eset monitoring inbound firewall and SSL traffic w/o use of any network filters?

As far as the firewall traffic, it appears that it is relying solely on Win 10 firewall in default Automatic w/Win firewall inbound rules applied mode. I am curious as to how any Eset firewall rules are being applied w/o the use of a network filter.

Ditto as for SSL protocol scanning which in previous Eset vers. employed a NDIS mini-port filter to do so. 

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders

Hi

I have previously got confirmed that they have changed to a new network filtering method that does not require the driver.  I don't know what they do instead, but it should reduce the number of errors as those drivers can be quite buggy (not speaking specifically of Eset, but just in general) 

• Administrators

The epfwlwf filter is not used any more on Windows 8 and newer if I remember correctly. Instead we utilize WFP via epfwwfp.sys driver.

32 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The epfwlwf filter is not used any more on Windows 8 and newer if I remember correctly. Instead we utilize WFP via epfwwfp.sys driver.

Actually a good move unless someone disables the Win firewall service as a few posters have taken themselves on to do.:huh:

In past versions of Eset that used network adapter filters, resetting the adapter TCP/IP settings usually resulted in me having to run an Eset repair to get Eset fully functional again.

• Administrators

I've disabled the Windows firewall service but EPFW continued to work as supposed. I've tried creating a basic firewall rule for http communication and it worked.

15 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I've disabled the Windows firewall service but EPFW continued to work as supposed. I've tried creating a basic firewall rule for http communication and it worked.

Did SSL protocol scanning work for sites using Eset certificate?

Yes, I would expect the Eset firewall to be functional. Question is about Eset network adapter settings since those state "Use Windows settings."