Nod32 cleans RAR files

marcon33

I can't download files with an RAR extension because Nod32 intercepts and cleans them saying they are some type of trojan. This happens will all files so it makes me wonder how every single RAR file could actually be a trojan. How do I download RAR files?

marcon33,

Good day sir,

Could you try the following option and see if it helps you ?

However, apply this only if all rar's are being blocked, not a specific one as the archive could be infected.

See attached

Report back your findings please.

post-1101-0-93323900-1377374136_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi

I can't download files with an RAR extension because Nod32 intercepts and cleans them saying they are some type of trojan. This happens will all files so it makes me wonder how every single RAR file could actually be a trojan. How do I download RAR files?

Where from are you trying to download it/them, and what is the detection name you see when ESET detects it?

and what is the detection name you see when ESET detects it?

Good question Swex

here is the log

8/24/13 11:50:46 AM Real-time file system protection file /Users//Downloads/complete/_UNPACK_TTC-Video-Transformational-Leadership.rar/TTC Video - Transformational Leadership.exe a variant of MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.SY trojan cleaned by deleting  Event occurred on a newly created file.

marcon33,

Good day sir,

However, apply this only if all rar's are being blocked, not a specific one as the archive could be infected.

See attached

marcon33,

Good day sir,

See attached

thank you , I will change this after a bit more feedback

and what is the detection name you see when ESET detects it?

Good question Swex

here is the log

8/24/13 11:50:46 AM Real-time file system protection file /Users//Downloads/complete/_UNPACK_TTC-Video-Transformational-Leadership.rar/TTC Video - Transformational Leadership.exe a variant of MSIL/TrojanDropper.Agent.SY trojan cleaned by deleting  Event occurred on a newly created file.

In the meantime until some one official replies. You could upload the file to VirusTotal and see if some other vendors agrees with ESET.

https://www.virustotal.com/