Email security alert

santiago
Go to solution Solved by santiago,

Hi,

I turned off email outgoing scanning and all Outlook scans; since then I have had a permanent red security alert sign on my task bar.  I do not want to scan outgoing emails and do not think this is a threat other than to the speed of my email program (Thunderbird, which is not on your list - i have checked that the speed is now much better).  I would prefer not to have this alert, especially as I cannot now distinguish this unnecessary red alert from a real alert and cannot be bothered to check every time I open my computer.  How do I get rid of this Security alert, please?  I have read others emails and do not see any sensible answers.  Do you intend to allow alert removal in a forthcoming update?  I want to continue to use NOD32 but, as others have said, will not do so if this annoyance persists.

Thanks

• Administrators

Disabling scanning of outgoing email does not change the protection status to red. Couldn't it be that you have disabled email scanning completely?

I turned off all the email settings linking to Outlook and Mail (the top three).  I left on the Incoming email (fourth down) and turned off the two below.  I left all the others alone.  This gives me the red alert.  If, from this position, I turn the top (outlook) setting back to on, the red alert disappears.  When I turn this off again, the alert comes back, so it is a toggle on the Outlook Integration.  This is just not a sensible arrangement.  I have Thunderbird and don't want any of the top three settings for email.  I do not see why i should have to put up with the alert.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding this to be frustrating and disappointing. I don't want EAV to be integrated into any email client and don't need email protection from EAV at all anyway, as for me that is taken care of on the server. I should have the ability to disable email protection in EAV as well as hide any alert that appears telling me that email protection or integration is not enabled. By not being allowed to hide this alert I'm actually put at greater risk, because a red alert icon will always appear in my system tray and I won't be able to distinguish if EAV throws a new alert for a different reason. To keep this from happening, you're forcing me to choose to integrate EAV email protection with an email client I don't use, just to keep the red icon from appearing. The way it should work instead is that if I choose to disable email client integration or email protection I should then be able to hide any resulting alert if I so choose.