Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Claudio

Problems with eset_wwwi on OpenSuSE 12.2

Guest Claudio

Hello all,

I am trying to configure the rpm package esets-4.0-8, directly downloaded from your web site, into a system with OpenSuSE 12.2 x86_64, but i can't start the esets_wwwi interface. It exits with the following error:

error[70bb0000]: Cannot init openssl library

What can be the problem?

Cordially,

Claudio.

Claudio - I would love to assist. Can you please send me a copy of your esets.cfg? Please feel free to PM me directly so I can assist.

Patrick

Have you tried updating openssl?

What is the output of the following command from a terminal?

openssl version

If you are running a 64-bit OS, you may need to install the 32-bit version of openssl.

Also what is the output of the following?

uname -a && cat /etc/*release

Guest Claudio

Wow, the problem is effectively the openssl 32bit, i have installed it and now works.

Another question: how i can check the antispam system is working? I have tested to send 2-3 mail from localhost, i see it scanned for virus, but if i check into the web page of the Eset, i have this:

Scanned: 9 - 9 Error: - - - Infected: - - - Cleaned: 1 - 1   Accepted: 8 - 8 Deferred: - - - Discarded: - - - Rejected: - - -         Mail spam statistics   Number of mails % Ham: 0 0.0 Likely ham: 0 0.0 Likely spam: 0 0.0 Spam: 0 0.0

I think is strange to see as mail spam statistics all 0%.... Btw, here you can find my eset.cfg:

hxxp://pastebin.com/ifzCJHcj

Is not clear to me how to configure the antispam part, sorry, any guide or documentation is well accepted.

Cordially,

Claudio.

Guest Spale

I had the same problem.

OS is Debian Wheezy amd64 and esets.amd64.deb.bin, downloaded from eset web site.

After configuring and starting esets daemon, eset reported error in syslog

esets_wwwi[23563]: error[5c0b0000]: Cannot init openssl library
esets_daemon[23559]: error[5c070000]: Child process wwwi[23563] terminated with return code 73, won't be restarted

Solution was to install libssl-dev package

Before installing esets on Debian you nead to install libc6-i386, ed and libssl-dev package