Agent deployment error from ERA server

I tried to deploy agent from ERA server. I created the server task and started it. It finished with status: FAILED.

On the target computer I got error event id 7024

The ESET Remote Administrator - Remote Installer Service service terminated with service-specific error This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package..

From trace.log file I found this:

2015-03-13 14:07:36 Information: ConsoleApiModule [Thread 734]: 14677 Ignoring connection closed, unknown connection (probably different product type).

I attached the log file from the ERA server.

I have a lot of problem with installing agent from ERA server.

It is here anybody who has problem with installing agent from ERA server.

Thank you

trace.txt

• ESET Staff

The trace log starts after remote installation errors - it is cut. See first lines in the log as they are actually end of the remote installation itself. I will need a log where those errors are present.

If you are having troubles to deploy agents with remote deployment - push install. You can try Live installer - please see: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3595

• ESET Staff

I went through the trace log. It seems that 'gli2-dc-02.gliwice.pl.root.net' computer can not access this link: hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v6/6.1.365.0/Agent_x86.msi, that is why installer is not able to download and install package on the target computer. Exact error is 'This installation package could not be opened.'.

So the problem is with the computers which are not connected directly to the internet but they should use the information about proxy server and credential which are configured in RAS server. When I used live installer the .bat file has all the information about proxy server and then it works. The gli2-dc-02 server can download and install it. But it is not a solution. I would like to use RAS agent install task rather then copy .bat file to all servers.

The other thing is why it try to download Agent_x86.msi file. The server OS is 64bit.

Edited by czechoto

• ESET Staff

Only thing that does not support proxy at the moment is agent deployment using push method. That is why other methods work. This will be changed in the future.

There were both 32-bit and 64-bit links in the trace log and installer service has chosen correct one to download and install. I just picked first.