Recently we all know that ESET has introduced Folder Guard which is good to have as a feature. My concern is that does ESET now also have ransomware remediation feature or is ESET working on it? I didn't see any such features in the settings. If it's available in the latest version along with the folder guard then please make sure that user sees such an option in the UI of ESET. Please clarify this to me. We want a robust ransomware remediation feature like Bitdefender and Kaspersky have it in its AV. I do like ESET in terms if usability and such ransomware remediation feature is essential these days.

12 minutes ago, The_Eagle_007 said:

Folder Guard

is a primitive implementation of fighting against ransomware ; it is present in various ways in Defender, Trend Micro....

@rotaruyes I am well aware about it. But would like to see an explanation with the other feature that is ransomware remediation. This feature if its fully functional it does not only provide the backup of those files which are present in the folder guard but also it can remediate any files that was encrypted and which is not a part of folder guard .

Edited by The_Eagle_007

49 minutes ago, The_Eagle_007 said:

My concern is that does ESET now also have ransomware remediation feature or is ESET working on it?

If you are referring to the ability to recover encrypted files such as both Kaspersky or BitDefender have, the answer is no.

Kaspersky does it via its system snapshot capability which is included within its System Watcher processing.

BitDefender will start backing up files when it detects suspicious encryption activity.

Neither of these will usually result in 100% recovery of encrypted files, but will allow for the majority of them being restored.

I also agree this backup capability is something Eset should be considering.