we have eset in our network and recently found out that the servers and workstations in our environment are unable to communicate with the wsus server for updates but if you disable all the features including real time file system protection, HIPS, IDS, botnet protection and etc clients are able to fetch update from the wsus, kindly assit

• Administrators

Did you reboot the machine after disabling HIPS?

If it didn't help, did you try disabling the network traffic scanner?

image.png

So we disabled the real time file system protection and clients started to communicate with the wsus server but after some days, they all stopped so currently we’ve disable everything which is not advisable, so we want to understand the cause or reasons why eset may be blocking the communication from endpoints to the wsus servers, and yes we disabled network traffic scanner but it didn’t work 

• Administrators

Unfortunately we have not been reported any issues with Windows updates failing due to real-time protection. If you can reproduce it consistently, try to identify the specific real-time protection setting that, when disabled, prevents the issue from occurring. I would recommend raising a support ticket for further assistance with troubleshooting this issue then.

One more question: Is it certain that after temporarily uninstalling Endpoint, the issue goes away and then returns as soon as you install the latest Endpoint 11.1.2052 from scratch with default settings?

Yes I when we  disable  the whole real-time file system protection down for the wsus server, clients started to communicate and after some days they stopped, but when we bring the whole eset protect down, everything starts working fine 

Again kindly assist me with creating a dynamic group to exclude a server from policies applying to all computers, I’ve created a policy to allow ports 8080 and 4000 on server but it seems not to work , I think there are other forced policies that’s not allowing this one to work, so I want to create a dynamic group to exclude the server from all applied policies, currently the server is under static group all