Unknown "user" Bilgisayar

jcyr2016

Greetings,

I recently logged into my Eset account because we are setting up a new computer. (Admittedly I should login more often.) While logged in I clicked on "subscriptions," and saw all of our covered devices listed, as I expected. I also saw a supposed "device" named "user-Bilgisayar." Apparently "bilgisayar" means "computer" in Turkish. Unfortunately, none of us speak Turkish--i.e., no one at our business added that "device."

I sent a support message to ESET but all we got was a form letter for how to remove devices.

Has anyone else encountered something like this? Does the presence of this unknown device suggest our account has been hacked somehow?

Thank you for your time.

• Administrators

Your email address and other personal information might have leaked in 6 breaches as you can see at https://haveibeenpwned.com/.

After removing the rogue devices, we recommend changing the password and possibly enabling 2FA to make login more secure.

Anyways, all logins to your ESET HOME account were from the US and most of them from the same IP address. You can view the login history under My account -> Logged in devices -> Login history.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Your email address and other personal information might have leaked in 6 breaches as you can see at https://haveibeenpwned.com/.

After removing the rogue devices, we recommend changing the password and possibly enabling 2FA to make login more secure.

Anyways, all logins to your ESET HOME account were from the US and most of them from the same IP address. You can view the login history under My account -> Logged in devices -> Login history.

Ok. Thank you!