ESET Internet Security not reaching activation servers (ECP.20009)

Hello. arsha here.

I want to connect to my ESET home account to my product and a problem happens.

the problem is that when I put my credentials (I have tried logging in with google since my account email had a gmail.com in it) and it doesn't work because when I try to enter the credentials it shows up activation failed, we could not reach the activation server. I have tried searching for this error but all that comes up is about ESET business products. but for me I have ESET Internet Security. I want to know if this is a actual error or a glitch. (my ESET has the latest version if you are wondering) Error code on the title.

frXMmNq.png

Thanks for reading.

• Administrators

If you use a firewall, make sure that ekrn.exe has access to the Internet allowed. If that's not an issue, please run a full disk scan with the ESET Online Scanner and make sure that any possible threat the scanner may find is cleaned.

Should the problem persist, supply us with logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

Error Code ECP .20009 is a Proxy Server error. If you're using a proxy server make sure it's configured correctly.

Setup / Advanced setup / Connectivity / Proxy server

That was turned on when I did my last clean install and I don't use a proxy server, so I turned it off.

If it's turned on and you don't use a proxy server turn it off and see what happens?