MacOS Sequoia 15

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

55 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately we'll need to know the exact error. Please provide it in a support ticket along with logs collected as per the instructions at https://support.eset.com/en/kb3404.

Eset should simulate this case, customer don't see any error code. Seem Eset QA team doesn't verify on new OS version.  

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 16.39.52.png

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, KhanhDo said:

Eset should simulate this case, customer don't see any error code. Seem Eset QA team doesn't verify on new OS version.  

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 16.39.52.png

ESET CyberSecurity Pro v6 is not compatible with macOS 15 Sequoia. Since you have already upgraded macOS, you should uninstall ESET CyberSecurty Pro and install ESET CyberSecurity v7.5.74.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, KhanhDo said:

For quick workaround, please go to

Settings -> Network -> Filters -> Remove both Eset Firewall and Eset Network...

Then wait for next version.

You are probably referring to ESET CyberSecurity Pro v6 but Splitrock61 has already uninstalled it and attempted to install the latest ESET CyberSecurity v7.5.74 as far as I understand.

It's not just Eset that is having issues with macOS 15 (Sequoia);

Users of macOS 15 ‘Sequoia’ are reporting network connection errors when using certain endpoint detection and response (EDR) or virtual private network (VPN) solutions, and web browsers.

The issues are resolved when these tools are deactivated, indicative of incomptibility issues with the network stack.

Impacted users on Reddit are describing problems with CrowdStrike Falcon and ESET Endpoint Security, as well as firewalls causing packet corruptions leading to SSL failures in the web browsers or inability to use ‘wget’ and ‘curl.’

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/apple/macos-sequoia-change-breaks-networking-for-vpn-antivirus-software/

Edited by itman

On 9/20/2024 at 11:31 AM, KhanhDo said:

For quick workaround, please go to

Settings -> Network -> Filters -> Remove both Eset Firewall and Eset Network...

Then wait for next version. 

But note that, after you remove Eset Firewall and Eset Network, your computer will run with normal mode without protection. 315726048_Screenshot2023-01-14at9_46_58A

Can approve, this "workaround" helps to get your network connections up and running again. 

The bad thing is:  usually I've always started the OS upgrade whenever ESET showed a pop-up reminder to install the latest OS version. Worked all the years before, so I did not suspect that this might not work at all. 

But with the upgrade done and restarting the notebook you are blocked because of these settings. And it took me a while to find out why I am blocked. Especially if you have no other device at hand for checking on the internet. 

The minimum I expect from ESET is in case a OS upgrade will not be supported from the ESET version, that they inform also in the pop-up-window that this is not supported with a big alert sign. Plus some information BEFOREHAND what to do best or how to deactivate the ESET version not to run into any problems. 

This I have already communicated to ESET (plus some other critics regarding lack of information and misleading links), hoping that this will help to improve the guidance in such special cases. 

It is really annoying, because I am using ESET for many years and I was very pleased with the product up to now. Hope this will be fixed soon and that they improve their communication to prevent from such issues again.

Hello, I have an issue related to this.

I have a client whose Mac was updated to Sequoia 15.0 and got the issue with his internet not working, so he went ahead and uninstalled ESET from his computer. I went through and made sure any lingering files were deleted. I then sent him a new ESET installer, but that is when the problem started. His installer would go all the way to the "Running Package Scripts" screen, then it would hang for about 5 minutes before saying "Installation failed." Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hello.  I have two licenses for ESET Cybersecurity Pro.  One on an older iMac, running El  Capitan. That computer has no issue. My other Apple computer is modern, and I just updated to MacOS Sequoia.  ESET CyberSecurity Pro won't run on my computer now. I ultimately used ESET's uninstall program and my computer works great, with the exception of I no longer have ESET Cybersecurity Pro running on this computer.  Reading this forum I see I should have downloaded ESET CyberSecurity 7.5.74 before upgrading to MacOs Sequoia.  Now that I am running Sequoia, and ESET is uninstalled, do I download ESET CyberSecurity 7.5.74 (Not CyberSecurity Pro??) and then it will work? I can't uninstall Sequoia, so I have to install ESET CyberSecurity 7.5.74 with Sequoia already installed.  Also, I have my original ESET email containing my current License information for ESET Cyber Security Pro, including my License Key and my License ID.  My two licenses expire on December 26, 2024.  It was a three year license.  Thank you.

• Administrators

Since you have upgraded to macos Sequoia, you can install only ESET CyberSecurity 7.5.74. However, v8 with a firewall is going to be released in a few weeks' time.