Will endpoint antivirus continue to develop?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi:

it's sad that our distributor told us endpoint antivirus is no longer be sold. we can only buy endpoint security license. but we can chose to install endpoint antivirus with the license.

I wonder if endpoint antivirus will continue since it is no more be sold. should we upgrade to endpoint security soon or later?

I always prefer endpoint antivirus since it cause fewer problems. but I need to plan upgrade if it will be dead in the near future.

• Marcos changed the title to Will endpoint antivirus continue to develop?
  • Administrators

This is true for ESET Endpoint Security v8+ for macOS. If you have a license for ESET Endpoint Antivirus, ESET Endpoint Security will have only ESET Endpoint Antivirus features, ie. there will be no firewall for instance.

16 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This is true for ESET Endpoint Security v8+ for macOS. If you have a license for ESET Endpoint Antivirus, ESET Endpoint Security will have only ESET Endpoint Antivirus features, ie. there will be no firewall for instance.

sorry I forgot to mention we are using windows. we will buy endpoint security license.  but currently we are using endpoint antivirus.

@Marcos is it true that windows endpoint antivirus is no longer be sold and maybe retired in the near future? we need to plan the upgrade if necessary.

• Administrators

There are currently no plans for a single product that would install and activate features based on the license. However, it's possible that in the distant future there will be only ESET Endpoint Security and you'll activate just Endpoint Antivirus features with your license.

On 8/12/2024 at 9:31 PM, Marcos said:

There are currently no plans for a single product that would install and activate features based on the license. However, it's possible that in the distant future there will be only ESET Endpoint Security and you'll activate just Endpoint Antivirus features with your license.

I don't understand. currently our situation is the opposite. we can not buy antivirus license anymore. so we need to activate antivirus software with security license. we haven't renew yet. distributors told us it is doable.  but I am not sure now.

• Administrators
  • Solution

I don't know what license / subscription (plan) you have purchased but the lowest tier ESET PROTECT Entry includes a license for ESET Endpoint Security which can be also used to activate and update ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Windows.

On 8/15/2024 at 4:07 PM, Marcos said:

I don't know what license / subscription (plan) you have purchased but the lowest tier ESET PROTECT Entry includes a license for ESET Endpoint Security which can be also used to activate and update ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Windows.

Thanks for the info. that's what I need. as you mentioned, now lowest ESET PROTECT Entry include ESET Endpoint Security. so there is nothing like ESET PROTECT Essential  which include Antivirus only. we are afraid to use Endpoint Security instead of Antivirus since there seems more problems when there are more functions. we saw that with forum posts.