Error on one client after upgrade Eset Protect

I was using Eset Protect on prem appliance based on CentOS. Last days I migrated that server to new appliance base on Rocky Linux.

Everything were good, i have 60+ clients which work fine and migrated fine. But i have error on one client (Windows Server 2012).

Tried to uninstall product and agent, and installed again. But same thing. Not sure what else could i try.

Screenshot 2024-08-07 083343.png

• Administrators

You'll probably need to use a SHA-1 certificate as Windows Server 2012 does not support AES256-SHA256-encrypted PFX certificates: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/certificates-and-public-key-infrastructure-pki/cannot-import-aes256-sha256-encrypted-pfx-certificate

So only way to fix this is to disable Advanced Security and switch to SHA1 on Eset Protect with update-crypto-policies --set DEFAULT:SHA1?

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the link. I uninstalled everything and follow procedure which is described.

Everything installed without error, but on Eset Protect i still have "Configuration module has malfunctions" error on that host.

• Administrators

Please raise a support ticket since I could not find another cause / solution for the said error message.