Can't dismiss "Device restart recommended"

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Clicking on "Dismiss" shows UAC prompt, I click on Yes, but it doesn't make that notification go away. This is a RDS server and eset shows notification about it for every user. I even tried to Dismiss it as a standard user, it showed UAC prompt to enter admin credentials, I entered my credentials and it didn't make the notification go away. I don't know if this is a problem with that version 11.0.12011.0 or also with previous versions. I only just noticed this because one user told me about it.

image.png.811e81bca881ed39538a4558d48bba81.png

image.thumb.png.8b8471cfc03bcc43cca14434c2ef96c2.png

• Administrators
  • Solution

I have tried it myself with ESET Server Security 11.0.12011 and dismissed the notification as an administrator without issues. No UAC prompt popped up, it should pop up only if you click Restart. Should the issue persist, please raise a support ticket.

You could also consider using Terminal gui mode on the RDS server:

image.png

I need to restart that server during the night, so raising a support ticket would be useless.

That start mode "Terminal" is very good solution for this, I will try it.

Turns out that with "Terminal" setting I can't open GUI. I use account with admin privilages. For now I changed it to Full mode.

No, but fortunately I tried it and it works. Honestly, ESET should just show UAC prompt itself instead of requiring admin to "Run as administrator". Because when you run it just by clicking on it, you can see in task manager that it runs for a second and then closes. So instead of closing it should display UAC prompt.