When will patch management for macOS be supported?

j-gray

I believe I heard/read somewhere that patch management for macOS is on the roadmap for the near future. Can anyone confirm approximately when?

Also curious what products will support this; both Antivirus and Security, or just one or the other?

Appreciate any information.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Marcos,

we are really looking forward to this.  We have a 20-30% MacOS userbase, which is roughly the same % of MacOS vrs Windows on customer sites.   

I am personally testing v8 and vul mgmt.    The vul detections is nice and working.    Any chance of understanding the roadmap for being able to automate the patching for common 3rd party apps? example a vulnerable Team Viewer client?

Noted patch management didn't pick up the macOS 14.6.1 update yet. 

Overall really happy with the direction, as this will help us immensely upsell and better support our clients.  

* if we can add the old rouge system network scanner tool, to show all known devices on a site, then we would be really complete with one toolset.

@e-rally Do you happen to get unexpected errors when clicking the 3 ellipses next to an 'Application Name' for OS X devices in the Vulnerabilities section? Works fine for Windows devices, but errors on every macOS device:

image.thumb.png.48997a45a83dacffd20bed6d0f3217bd.png