Why am I being patronized more and more...?

Why am I being patronized more and more as a user? I have been using ESET for many years now and am basically very happy with the program. What bothers me more and more, however, is the absolute patronizing nature of the program. The options to run a file or add it to the exceptions despite the warning are either completely missing or are difficult to find in the settings.

I remember times when I had the option to add a file to the exceptions or restore it from quarantine directly in the pop-up of a warning.

I think it's good that ESET warns me urgently and prioritizes my protection, but as a user I want to have the option to decide for myself.

Today I tried several times to restore a file from quarantine. I was not even given the option to exclude the file from further checks (it was grayed out) and as soon as I wanted to run the restored file again, it was immediately removed again. I then even temporarily deactivated the protection completely, and yet ESET turned itself back on and blocked the file again.

Please give the user more control and freedom of choice again! It's good that people are warned, even urgent warnings are completely OK, but ultimately I want to have the option of making my own decisions with an administrator account without any major detours.

This text was created using Google Translate, please forgive me for any grammatical errors.

• Administrators

It has never been possible to restore and exclude files detected as malware, this has always been possible only for potentially unsafe and unwanted applications.

If you are positive that a detected file is a false positive, please report it to ESET to get it fixed. In case of a false positive you can create a detection exclusion and then restore the appropriate file(s) from quarantine.

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

If you are positive that a detected file is a false positive, please report it to ESET to get it fixed. In case of a false positive you can create a detection exclusion and then restore the appropriate file(s) from quarantine.

So does that mean that I have no way of running a file (supposedly identified as malware) on my computer until it has been scanned by ESET? Not even if I temporarily pause protection?

Currently, the option to exclude this file from further scans is grayed out, will this option only become active once the file has been scanned and approved by ESET?

How long does such a scan by ESET usually take when a file is submitted?

1720465116.png

• Administrators

Please try now. The file should not be detected or blocked any more.

Thank you, this file is no longer blocked.

For general understanding, did I interpret that correctly?

• 1 month later...

Heb vlgs mij een soortgelijk probleem. wil een progje installeren, maar kan door betutteling ESET dit niet doen, grr!

Machine translation:

I think I have a similar problem. I want to install a program, but I can't do this because of ESET's nannying.

Edited by Marcos
Machine translation added

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Peter1950 said:

Heb vlgs mij een soortgelijk probleem. wil een progje installeren, maar kan door betutteling ESET dit niet doen, grr!

Machine translation:

I think I have a similar problem. I want to install a program, but I can't do this because of ESET's nannying.

Since this is an English forum, we kindly ask you to post in English. If you don't speak English, we recommend using an online translator.

Please post the appropriate record from ESET logs that pertains to the detection or block.