ESET Browser Privacy & Security Extension doing weird things with "Emoji" for Brave Browser

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi, so the new browser extension of ESET "Browser Privacy & Security" is cool and so... but I just reset my PC because I saw something suspicious. I use the Brave browser, which is chromium based. When I right click I can click "Emoji" and then search for emojis and insert them anywhere I like.

But now comes the problem, I tried to search for an emoji, and out of a sudden it is writing weird letters, no matter what key I hit, its writing different letters and numbers. I thought I was infected with malware or something, so I hard reset my PC with USB boot menu and deleted all partitions etc., well, so far alright, once I was back on track, the only thing I have installed was the Brave browser, then I tried using emojis again and it worked, I was able to write normally, but once I installed the ESET browser privacy security extension, it got weird again... thats when I knew the extension is doing it... even when I uninstall the extension, its still doing it now... 

Please fix this, its driving me crazy... I use these emojis every single day.

Screenshots: (for example on this one, I tried to write: "this is not cool" just as an example, and the output was "0ß´q we rtz uiop")

o0fj0JC.png

uD6Ja3L.png

• Administrators
  • Solution

It is a known clash of the Emoji panel and ESET secured browser. Disabling keyboard protection in the Safe banking and browsing setup should work around the issue.

Thanks so much! This worked for me, you just saved my life, and I was so stu*id and reset my pc lol... well, now im smarter!

Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

This has been an issue for a VERY long time, is ESET ever going to fix this? I don't see the point of paying for the protection features in ESET if I have to disable this important security feature to use emojis!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Brian Lacy said:

This has been an issue for a VERY long time, is ESET ever going to fix this? I don't see the point of paying for the protection features in ESET if I have to disable this important security feature to use emojis!

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way how to avoid the issue except disabling keyboard protection. The same goes for any anti-keyloggers or tools that re-map keys.