Win64/Rozena.ABC

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello all, after years of being able to rid myself of malware without help, I'm now stuck.

Nod32 is popping up the usual warning window saying a threat was found in file ... etc. When I click to see what files they are, they are .exe files, such as logitec mouse options, Nvidia Container and so on, but also various windows system apps when I try to open them.

I've rebooted as the Eset window suggests, to complete the cleaning, but the same warnings pop up after every reboot. I have Nod32 (paid subscription) and Malwarebytes Premier running.

A deep MalwareBytes scan is finding nothing and gleefully telling me my system is clean. I ran NKill and that found nothing. Have reset my Chrome browser so no extensions running.

Ran a full Nod32 scan with today's detection updates installed (29419 20240619), nothing found.

Has anyone got experience with a Win64/Rozena.ABC infection? Any idea how to clean it? All suggestions very much appreciated.

• Administrators
  • Solution

This was a false positive. An update is being prepared which will fix it. In the mean time you can create a detection exclusion by the detection name.

Hi, this issue is being addressed here:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/41396-eset-is-flagging-hundreds-of-legitimate-system32-processes-as-malware-and-running-my-computer-unusable/#comment-185846

In my case, the problem was solved by disabling the Windhawk program, which modifies the visual aspects of windows.

I hope that solves the problem.