5 minutes ago, PennsyNut said:

I'm only asking for a correction to my subscription that should have been 3 devices.

Refer to the above: https://forum.eset.com/topic/41280-new-manual/?do=findComment&comment=185378 screenshot. Your original Eset purchase was for 1 device as were all subsequent renewals of that license.

When an Eset purchase occurs whether original or renewal, you should have received a confirmation e-mail from Eset. That e-mail will note what product was purchased/renewed; for how many devices; license expiration date; and finally price paid. What are the details of the latest renewal purchase confirmation you received from Eset?

Just now, itman said:

Refer to the above: https://forum.eset.com/topic/41280-new-manual/?do=findComment&comment=185378 screenshot. Your original Eset purchase was for 1 device as were all subsequent renewals of that license.

When an Eset purchase occurs whether original or renewal, you should have received a confirmation e-mail from Eset. That e-mail will note what product was purchased/renewed; for how many devices; license expiration date; and finally price paid. What are the details of the latest renewal purchase confirmation you received from Eset?

My point is not what was on that original subscription. My point is that it should have been for 3 devices at the beginning - because that's what is the current position of ESET. When I first subscribed, why was I not questioned as to whether I wanted 1 or 3 devices. Back on 11/6/21, I had a laptop and my wife had her PC. If I had been offered 3 devices, or advised that I could have had 3, I would have chosen 3. I was never asked if I wanted 2 or 3. And since the subscription came with 1, I never questioned whether or not you could offer 3. i.e. I never had a choice and never knew I could have had 3. Had I known, I might have chosen 3. But again, when they offered $59.99 and discounted to $42.39, there was not mention of 3 devices.

So today, this is all hindsight. I've not had ESET for the laptop nor my wife's PC for 2.5 yrs and it appears to be so until 12/8/24.

So, my choice today is to sit and wait until 12/8/24 and on that date, try to negotiate a new subscription at ? what price? I strongly suspect that the $41.99 will not be available to me at that time.

If this is so, let's stop this conversation now.

And revert to my original question of about the manual. How can I determine what "goodies" I could or should tweak my service to. The manual shows a ton of "goodies" and I have no way of deciding or determining what if any, I should ask about. Example: anti-theft. Since it's highly unlikely that anyone would steal my PC, I can see that I don't really need it. But what about all the others? Is VPN something I need?

I nice list of what a VPN is good for - that I could read and understand. Or a check list for me to click to see what I might need. Or can I be assured that ESET Essential is sufficient for me - as is!

Or am I asking too much? Should I just shut up and try reading that 271 pages. Egads, that's a huge task for a homeowner to go through.

Here's the online of that manual: https://help.eset.com/eis/17/en-US/

That is a huge reading of stuff that is certainly for a guru, not for me. Do I need to list more questions? Specifically on each and every item mentioned in that manual?

A new question. Just to show an example of how complicated ESET Essential is.

"Features in ESET Internet Security  Safe Banking & Browsing-Safe Banking & Browsing provides a secured browser for use when accessing online banking or online payment gateways to ensure all online transactions take place in a trusted and secure environment."

I didn't even know this existed until last December, when I activated it. And then lost it a few months ago. I had to get tech on to get "safe banking" back on my PC.

Another question. With all the freebies, new and old, are there any that would enhance ESET Essential? Such as "Malwarbytes". I thought ESET included malware protection, so the question remains - is the optional free Malwarbytes necessary? Or redundant?

Another question: I notice that Defender is still active. Does that mean that ESET Essential coordinates with Defender?

Is any of this clear? Or am I just paranoid and should forget all this? And let EXET Essential alone to do it's thing?