Migrating Multiple Companies at Once

Has anyone migrated multiple customers from a single on premise protect instance to a single protect cloud instance at the same time? As the devices fall into the lost and found static group in the cloud instance once the migration policy has applied it would not be obvious without backing back on the on premise instance what group the devices came from? Is there a property that gets migrated or one we can set on the on premise so when it migrates we can configure dynamic groups under the lost and found static group based on this property?

If this is not possible it will take a long time to migrate customers one by one.

Makes no sense to want to migrate multiple clinets in 1 go - just causing a headache for yourself.

The process is quick enough to not have to worry about doing it customer by customer - you need to manually reassign the policies you have imported anyway.

However - I believe if you recreate the folder structure of on-prem in cloud protect and you migrate multiple customers at once then they will end up in the correct place and not L+F  - however this is not officially supported so dont expect much sympathy from tech support if it goes belly up.

I do agree with you - just interested how other cover migration of clients where machines may not have been online when you migrate a a few weeks later you end up with a bunch of devices in L+F and not knowing what client they belong too without going back to on prem console to check?

Not sure as it wont migrate the tags - would be handy if we could create the tags the same on cloud protect that the migration wizard would detect that and auto tag the devices again.

When i migrated from on prem to cloud, once machines started talking to cloud protect i deleted them from on prem protect so when devices ended up in L+F which i didnt immediately recognise (our machine naming policy helps me with this) then yes i cross referenced against on prem and did a quick search on that to see where it belonged, but as the machines diminished on prem then it wasnt that much of a ball ache

Edited by FTL