Uninstalling SW

z3t0r

Good day,

to begin with, I would like to thank you for your SW, it is certainly of high quality.

But uninstalling it from my PC was hell.

It's just that it didn't work using Windows functions and I had to download additional SW from your site and do it in safe mode.

And unfortunately, even after the whole process, there was a problem that I solved as a layman for several hours.

After uninstalling the SW, my WiFi adapter could not connect to WiFi. Even after reinstalling the drivers I couldn't find any fault.

I tried several guides until I worked my way to the WLAN autoconfig function, which was switched to manual mode and because of this the WiFi adapter could not connect.

I doubt that a regular PC user would be able to deal with such a problem and therefore might want to fix it. Thanks 👍

• Administrators

We use Windows Installer msi packages which means that if an important related registry value has been removed in the mean time, standard uninstallation by Windows Installer may fail. This doesn't happen normally, especially not on home systems that are not in a domain where installation was not done via GPO. One could hardly find a report of a failed uninstallation from other users in this forum. If there's a problem uninstalling ESET for whatever reason, we have the ESET Uninstall tool for use in safe mode.

If the problems with network occurred after running the ESET Uninstall tool, we'd like to bring this notice to your attention:

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289

Back up network adapter settings

After using the ESET Uninstaller tool, you may be required to reinstall your network adapter drivers. Follow the steps below to back up your network adapter settings and restore them after uninstallation is finished:

1. Before running the Uninstaller Tool: Open an administrative command prompt and type the following command to back up your network adapter settings:
    • netsh -c interface dump > C:\NetworkSettings.txt
  2. After uninstallation is complete: Reinstall your network adapter drivers if necessary and then open an administrative command prompt and type the following command to restore your network adapter settings:
    • netsh -f C:\NetworkSettings.txt