New Chrome extension

ESET message today - an extension has been added to Chrome - click here to remove it.

This is part of a new Microsoft stealth move to make BING everyone's browser. Since the last  windows update, all my searches have been provided by Bing although I have never wanted Bing. I already had an extension to duckduckgo on Chrome.

I need to remove Bing but I do not feel competant enough to do it. Even though I agreed to remove the extension to Chrome the browser results are still Bing

1 hour ago, Motormouth said:

ESET message today - an extension has been added to Chrome - click here to remove it.

This is part of a new Microsoft stealth move to make BING everyone's browser. Since the last  windows update, all my searches have been provided by Bing although I have never wanted Bing. I already had an extension to duckduckgo on Chrome.

I searched the web about this and could  not find anything in regards to this Microsoft change you state.

Eset Browser Privacy & Security will prompt you to add its extension. I suspect this is what you observed.

It appears to me you have been infected with one of browser search engine hijack malwares.

Edited by itman