Azure Code Signing message on Eset NOD32

dselmal

I know my version of windows is outdated, that I no longer receive Windows security updates. However, I have been using ESET NOD 32 for many years and not had any virus issues or concerns.  I just renewed for the next year.  I get the message that "my versions does not support Azure Code Signing".  Is it safe to assume that I am still being protected, that this is not a major concern?  
""

Refer to this Eset posting: https://support-eol.eset.com/en/trending_weol2023_10_2022.html . The important part to note is;

Without support for Azure Code Signing, it will not be possible to install or upgrade to later product versions starting from a specific version/build number.

itman- yes, i did see/read that ESET posting.  However, it seems that I was able to install/renew the ESET NOD32. 

I  am running 16.0.26.0

So is it safe to assume that I will just not be able to install a newer ESET NOD version, but that I am in fact using/running a version that is still protecting my computer. 

1 minute ago, dselmal said:

So is it safe to assume that I will just not be able to install a newer ESET NOD version, but that I am in fact using/running a version that is still protecting my computer. 

Yes until Eset discontinues support for ver. 16.

Thanks itman for your insight!  I will assume that I am good for at least the next 12 months with the current 16. version; that ESET will not discontinue support during the renewal year

• Administrators

In case you will need to reinstall ESET after December 7, you will need to temporarily shift the system date backwards to make the system think that the cross-certificate issued by Entrust that was used to sign executables and modules is valid.

Marcos- I am not sure that I fully understand your guidance/suggestion/solution- meaning "shifting system date" is way past my area of expertise! But.....I renewed yesterday, so December 7 I do not think will be an issue.

3 hours ago, dselmal said:

I am not sure that I fully understand your guidance/suggestion/solution- meaning "shifting system date"

You would have to set the current date/year for your Windows installation back to Dec. 6, 2023 via Windows set current date/time option. Since Windows has problems when the current date/time is not properly set, this might cause problems with Windows operation itself.

In any case, you have been warned that re-installation of your current Eset product is far from a "slam dunk" event.