What is a current workaround to manually change profile?

This is regarding the recent unfortunate changes to how Firewall works. 

As far as I can see, there is no clear or direct way how to manually change firewall profile. Is that correct?

If so, is there some work around like manually changing network and it's associated profile?

This might sound dumb, but I never had to dig too deep into workings of Smart security and just used some basic features  like profiles and interactive mode to setup initial rules.

Now I'm almost afraid to do anything with Smart security because of the latest changes.

A question for Admin - I have seen that you plan to add back the "auto-fill" of ports and IP for the Interactive mode. Do you also plan to add back option to manually change firewall profile?

5 hours ago, Shamaz Zeb said:

As far as I can see, there is no clear or direct way how to manually change firewall profile. Is that correct?

First, there are two default firewall profiles in Eset, Public and Private.

Eset firewall profiles are assigned to the network connection/s Eset network processing creates. By default, the Eset firewall profile used for these network connection defers to the current Windows firewall profile which by default is Public.

An existing Eset network connection profile can be changed by right mouse key clicking on the network connection and selecting "Edit" per the below screen shot. If the "Automatic" profile option is selected, Eset will defer to the current Windows firewall profile;

Eset_Profile.thumb.png.4c610fc98a24eef94af0b09163a84f1c.png

Important! - Do not select "Forget" unless you intend to remove the existing network connection.

Edited by itman

5 hours ago, Shamaz Zeb said:

A question for Admin - I have seen that you plan to add back the "auto-fill" of ports and IP for the Interactive mode. Do you also plan to add back option to manually change firewall profile?

This has been answered in other forum postings. These will be added back when ver. 17 is released.