Question about changelog for version 10.1.2046.0

Dusan

Hi,

Before i updated Eset Endpoint Security from Eset Protect, i checked the changelog.

Snimakekrana2023-07-26154317.jpg.bd72f1c22d4d42f44120f5f4bb3992be.jpg

I have a question about Vulnerability & Patch Management, how do enable and how does it work?

And also I checked the changelog that you (Marcos) posted here and they are different in a few points. This for which im asking is also missing, so im not sure if it was released.

Hi Marcos,

For this prerequisites are ESET PROTECT Elite or ESET PROTECT Complete. I'm guessing these are some ESET Protect Cloud tiers? Because im using ESET Protect installed locally on server but that is not supported?

• Administrators

All ESET PROTECT solutions are eligible for ESET PROTECT Cloud: https://www.eset.com/int/business/small-and-medium/ but only PROTECT COMPLETE and PROTECT ELITE contain also Vulnerability & Patch management:

image.png

As for cloud or on-premise version of the ESET PROTECT console, it is up to you to decide which one you use. However, only ESET PROTECT Cloud is being actively developed and ESET PROTECT on-prem is being maintained for compatibility with new ESET security product versions, system updates, etc.

I just checked on our site. Our license isn't compatible with Cloud, so we cannot use the new feature.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, thae said:

I just checked on our site. Our license isn't compatible with Cloud, so we cannot use the new feature.

What license do you have? A public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX should suffice.

45 minutes ago, Marcos said:

As for cloud or on-premise version of the ESET PROTECT console, it is up to you to decide which one you use. However, only ESET PROTECT Cloud is being actively developed and ESET PROTECT on-prem is being maintained for compatibility with new ESET security product versions, system updates, etc.

Help me figure this out. Im using ESET Endpoint Security on clients side. And using ESET Protect install locally on server. Is my license eligible using this with ESET Protect on prem or not? 

New license naming and type of license confuses me so im not sure about this.

My License ID: ‎33B-4FF-BT9.

tGnsqhJxWL.thumb.png.d8fa99785c52f19462222d95a43f41d1.png

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

What license do you have? A public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX should suffice.

My License is: 3AS-84N-WME

When I logged into the EBA portal I didn't see the button to get to the ESET Cloud Console.
It also says

ESET PROTECT Cloud
No valid license

Manage security on your corporate network effortlessly with a simple cloud-based solution. You need to add a valid license to your account to activate ESET PROTECT Cloud.

in the EBA dashboard.