Endpoint Security - Hangs on Windows startup

Hi, I've been dealing with this for a while now and can't seem to figured out.

The main GUI (egui.exe) takes 30min or more depending on the machine to start. The Windows explorer.exe fails to do a lot of things, reading remote directores, opening local files, the taskbar hangs until you kill all the explorer.exe files.

I've read a lot of articles, tried uninstalling EES and EMA locally, trough PROTECT, reinstall locally and through PROTECT. Clean Windows 10 and 11 install. Recently a Lenovo laptop that was working thing, out of the air it started making this problem.

I'm clueless since it appears to be with *some* devices but not others, same policy applied to a group of devices that are all different make and model... some fails other no.

I'm open to any suggestion to try out.

Thanks.

RemovaltaskfromPROTECTfails.thumb.png.6fca539b3b31ee2b4657c30714aaf6b4.pngSchedulerfromPROTECTpolicy.thumb.png.5c9b8d8bc1d60ee94af334dcbd4f7372.pngTaskmgrwithEGUI.png.24835e4e6facc187824af508b433c167.pngHangstryinguninstall.Notaskbaricon.thumb.png.3b7a3e1632cc74ef0142667b3b5dd569.png

• Administrators

Do you mean that the issue occurs on every Windows startup after installing ESET Endpoint from scratch with default settings, ie. without any performance exclusions set up and no policies or applied by ESET PROTECT?

The main GUI (egui.exe) takes 30min or more depending on the machine to start.

Is it really egui.exe and not egui_proxy.exe? Also the default timeout for a service to start is 30 seconds, not 30 minutes.

8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Do you mean that the issue occurs on every Windows startup after installing ESET Endpoint from scratch with default settings, ie. without any performance exclusions set up and no policies or applied by ESET PROTECT?

Yes, exactly... it's really strange. Now I have 4 machines in this situation. Two of them only with the EMA without de Endpoint Security due to the high delay on each startup.

23 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Is it really egui.exe and not egui_proxy.exe? Also the default timeout for a service to start is 30 seconds, not 30 minutes.

The thing is, I don't really know which process or service or module is the one that hangs and stays like this por at least 30min depending on the machine. The only thing I can really see is that, you first boot the computer, login with the user in Windows as usually and the are 3 process, ERAAgent.exe, eguiproxy.exe and the ESET Service. Half an hour later egui.exe starts, shows the startup dialog, the taskbar icon appears and everything starts working again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, did a third clean install of windows on the same machine.

Downloaded the new version from ESET PROTECT with EMA and EES with the same policies applied and it doesn't even finish installing.

Is there same with a could contact someone more directly?
We are ESET Bronze partners.

Thanks.