egui.exe will not auto terminate after main window close, and it sometimes consuming too much CPU

Especially at Network Connection page. If I exit at this page, egui.exe will still consuming CPU after main window close.

ESET Internet Security 16.1.14.0

By the way, egui,exe should be terminate after main window close.

Edited by Kevin999

• Administrators

When you notice high cpu utilization, enable advanced OS logging under Tools -> Diagnostics -> Advanced in the advanced setup. Disable logging after 1-2 minutes. Next collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

The equi.exe problem of remaining running after the Eset GUI has closed has existed for sometime. I have posted about it previously. Also, I have seen no adverse effects on system resources with equi.exe running other than consuming a small amount of memory.

I also haven't been able to definitively find what causes equi.exe not to terminate after Eset GUI closing as designed. I do suspect it has to with Eset GUI opening other than my direct manual means. Such as Eset GUI opening minimized as a result of an Eset HIPS alert or like similar activity.

Edited by itman

I think a potential problem is: Network connection page have lots of connection information item, because I running eMule and BitComet to share files, they will create mass TCP and UDP session, so egui.exe needs to update connection information frequently, thus consuming too much CPU.

5 minutes ago, Kevin999 said:

I think a potential problem is: Network connection page have lots of connection information item, because I running eMule and BitComet to share files, they will create mass TCP and UDP session, so egui.exe needs to update connection information frequently, thus consuming too much CPU.

If I set refresh interval = 5s, egui.exe CPU usage will suddenly grow up per 5 second.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Most cpu power was utilized by Bitcomet.exe process, egui utilized cpu only during the last 15s when it was closing.

Should you experience higher CPU utilization with Bitcomet not running, please provide a fresh EsetPerf.etl log and make sure that egui.exe is running all the time with GUI on the desktop (ie. do not minimize GUI).

21 hours ago, Marcos said:

Most cpu power was utilized by Bitcomet.exe process, egui utilized cpu only during the last 15s when it was closing.

Should you experience higher CPU utilization with Bitcomet not running, please provide a fresh EsetPerf.etl log and make sure that egui.exe is running all the time with GUI on the desktop (ie. do not minimize GUI).

Bitcomet utilize too much CPU (about 1 CPU core, i.e ~25%) is a known issue caused by BitComet's UDP transmission thread (BT DHT network (and maybe uTP)), but egui.exe sometimes also utilize ~25% on my computer (Intel Core i5-4690, 4 cores).

Egui,exe CPU usage bug reproduce today, it happens when keeping at Network Connection page, I'll send you the log later.