Password Manager Issues

I have set up 2fa for Eset Password manager of mine. Also checked the box remember me. Eset needs to introduce lock option which users can use to manually lock the password manager. A lot of password managers offer this feature. When I open my PC and browser for the first time it is automatically signed me in which is not good as per privacy or security perspective. I have setup the inactivity lock after few mins. But if it opens the password manager after the browser is opened for the first time then the whole security is being compromised. Rather introduce a lock option and make sure 2fa authentication will not be required after signing in for the first time afterwards the user can lock it manually. It keeps asking me the master password and 2fa at small intervals if I have not enabled the remember me option. 

Please reply to my post and provide me a solution for it.

• Most Valued Members
On 2/13/2023 at 1:33 PM, The_Eagle_007 said:

I have set up 2fa for Eset Password manager of mine. Also checked the box remember me. Eset needs to introduce lock option which users can use to manually lock the password manager. A lot of password managers offer this feature. When I open my PC and browser for the first time it is automatically signed me in which is not good as per privacy or security perspective. I have setup the inactivity lock after few mins. But if it opens the password manager after the browser is opened for the first time then the whole security is being compromised. Rather introduce a lock option and make sure 2fa authentication will not be required after signing in for the first time afterwards the user can lock it manually. It keeps asking me the master password and 2fa at small intervals if I have not enabled the remember me option. 

Please reply to my post and provide me a solution for it.

I've got a lifetime license for another password manager so don't use esets apart from for very occasional testing but surprised by this.

The one I use locks automatically after inactivity. I believe I can manually lock it but I've never checked. So does yours just lock randomly even if your using the computer?

@peteyt unchecked the remember me option. Now the only thing bothers me is that I have to provide 2fa code every time and no manual lock option. It has inactivity lock for 1 min or 5 mins but when logging in it requires 2fa codes which is what bothering me. It must introduce manual lock option and 2fa should be asked for the first time when sigining in not every time.