Disabling ESET Add-Inn in Microsoft Outlook

Go to solution Solved by stackz,

I use ESET as my internet security software.  Because of Outlook syncing problems with Google Workspace (i.e., disappearing emails, all items not fully syncing, etc.,) it has been suggested by Google that the ESET add-in is the source of these issues and should be disabled.  I have attempted to disable the add-in, using these instructions from Microsoft:

File>>>Options>>>Add-Ins>>>highlight 'ESET Outlook Add-In'>>>Go>>>uncheck the box next to 'ESET Outlook Add-In"

However, the check box next to the ESET add-in is 'inactive' and will not allow me to uncheck it; there are a couple of other add-ins also showing in the list and those check boxes are all active...it's just the ESET check box that won't allow unchecking for some reason; also, at the bottom of this window it states that 'the add-in you have selected is enabled by your system administrator'. However, I am the system administrator.

I need help to successfully disable this add-in; I also want to understand the true implications of disabling it; I of course want email protection but I want my mailbox to properly sync even more!

Thank you!

T Miller

• ESET Insiders
  • Solution

It's where you were instructed in this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/message/d469b249-d6f3-4cda-a151-64d0b504aa12?threadId=313c4bbd-2faf-4689-a7be-ed56289563c9

Right click the tray icon and select Advanced setup.

Web and email > Email client protection > Toggle off 'Integrate into Microsoft Outlook'

or 

2022-12-09_154640.png.31de6035dc08a0d1132bbc3a3a605cdd.png

Edited by stackz

Thank you stackz...I found the settings and that seems to have solved it...very much appreciate your guidance.

A follow-up question...can someone explain the risks of shutting off Outlook integration?  What issues am I now potentially opening myself up to?  

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

• Administrators
Just now, t_l_miller said:

A follow-up question...can someone explain the risks of shutting off Outlook integration? 

• ESET antispam will not work
  • read and sent email won't be scanned
  • only email received via POP3(S)/IMAP(S) will be scanned for threats
  • manual email message re-scan won't be possible