EI_ADMIN created task

TPo

Hello,

I found an EI_ADMIN created task Server task  'User Synchronization (EI)' . This task run two times in a day and always fails. Can anybody explain what a task it is? It looks, that it was created by a system, but i cant understand why?

• ESET Staff

Hello, This seems to be posted in a incorrect section, as you are obviously talking about task in "ESET PROTECT". EI_ADMIN might be related to the fact, that you have installed "ESET INSPECT"? This task would synchronize users between PROTECT and INSPECT. 

Maybe you a right. I just notice this task on a ESET server. So if I good understand this task was created by ESET Inspector to synchronize users. But and Inspector doesnt have any users, just a system user EI_admin

• ESET Staff

ESET Inspect will regularly sync with ESET Protect, to check, if there are no "permission changes" and no new user was added to the system. When you was installing ESET Inspect, it was asking you to enter an ESET PROTECT user, with administrative privileges. Maybe this "EI_Admin" does not have the rights required, to perform such operation, and that might be a reason why this task fails (it´s just my random guess).