General Information for Noobs

Hello,

Good day.

We have a Debian 7.5 Wheezy server and I finally installed ESET File Security on it. The following packages were also encountered: ed, libc6-i386, and libc6-i686. Fixing those dependencies were required. Once the installation was done, I went back to the manual. Imported my license and updated the configuration. And started the esets daemon.

So, here are my questions.

1. On the configuration file, do I need to delete the hash (#) for all the lines like (#av_update_username = "EAV-123456")?

2. What are the basic commands for testing our ESET like how to update it, how to an on-demand scanning, etc.?

3. Aside from configuring ESET through the its cfg file, there's a Web Interface for it. I followed the steps indicated on the manual, input the following details under [wwwwi]:

agent_enabled = yes

listen_addr = "0.0.0.0"

listen_port = 2299

username = "Administrator"

password = "P@55w0rd"

Advance thanks for those who will respond.

_MiCo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Former ESET Employees

Hello _MiCo,

I will answer the questions in the order presented:

1. For options that you would like active, the #(comment) will need to be removed.  So yes, in your reference to the EAV username, the item will need to be uncommneted.  After any changes are made, you will need to reset the esets daemon by performing the following command: /etc/init.d/esets_daemon start.
  2. I am including a snippet from the install guide containing basic usage commands:  

ESETS commands can be launched using the command line – manually (@SBINDIR@/esets_*) or with a batch (".sh") script. ESETS
command-line usage:

esets_daemon: ESET Security Daemon is the main ESET’S system control and scanning Daemon module. It reads all the
ESET’S scanner configuration from the main ESET’S configuration file and provides all the main tasks.

Usage: @SBINDIR@/esets_daemon [OPTIONS..]

esets_inst: ESET system integrator can be used to display and optionally execute commands that integrate ESET’S
with your system.
Usage: @SBINDIR@/esets_inst [OPTIONS..] [COMMAND]

esets_lic: ESET’S license management utility features management options, which allow you to display
information about your licenses, import license files to the license directory or remove expired
licenses.
Usage: @SBINDIR@/esets_lic [OPTIONS..] [COMMAND] [FILES..]

esets_quar: ESET‘S quarantine management utility module allows you to import any file system object into the
quarantine storage area.
Usage: @SBINDIR@/esets_quar ACTIONS [RULES] [OBJECTS..]

esets_scan: ESET Command-line scanner is an on-demand anti-virus scanning module, which provides scanning of
the file system objects upon user request using command line interface.
Usage: @SBINDIR@/esets_scan [OPTIONS..] FILES..

esets_set: ESETS configuration file SET-up utility allows you to modify the ESET’S configuration file as requested by
given command.
Usage: @SBINDIR@/esets_set [OPTIONS..] [COMMAND]

esets_setup: ESET’S setup utility is an interactive automated install script to help you easily integrate ESET Security
with your system.
Usage: @SBINDIR@/esets_setup [OPTIONS..] [COMMAND]

esets_update: ESET‘S update utility is a system utility for the creation, update and maintenance of the ESET’S modules
storage mirrors as well as for update of ESET’S system.
Usage: @BINDIR@/esets_update [OPTIONS..]

Your last item references the wwwi interface, and the setup appears correct, to where you should be able to access on the local host on port 2299.

~MichaelA

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, classicgraphics said:

Where might I find a list of [OPTIONS] and [COMMANDS] to use with the script?

Please be more specific as to what script you mean and what you would like to achieve. A list of ESET's binaries is listed above and help for a particular command can be displayed by running the command with the --help parameter if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the reply.

I want to use the esets_set script to set a value for the Remote Adminstration server on Mac clients. 

esets_set -help isn't that helpful, possibly due to my lack of understanding. 

I found an article on a non-Eset site that led me to believe this might work:

./esets_set –section global ‘racl_server_addr=”192.168.1.1″‘