Firefox browsing problem after update

Hello,

After automatic update of Firefox to version 94.0.2 and restart of program started my problems. Since that time web browser is not working properly. Program starts but will not load homepage or will not show any webpage after putting its URL and pressing enter key. Also no settings is possible to see. Seems like browser is not connected to internet. But if I look in menu of FF " about application Firefox" there is shown that program is searching update and will show me message "you are using last version".

I tried renew installation, uninstall and reinstall Firefox but without success. Also tried to install older version of FF but without success in browsing web. But old version of Firefox was automatically updated to new version. So any some internet communication of Firefox must be effected.

All other web browsers installed in PC are working correctly. As per results of googling it may be problem with ESET Internet Security which is installed in computer.

Can anybody help me solve this problem please? Thank you

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Josefs said:

No. I tried to switch off ESET firewall and protection and nothing was changed.

Then it's quite likely that the problem would persist after uninstalling ESET too. Could you try it so that we can definitely rule out or confirm EIS to be the culprit?

To be honest I am not sure if I want to uninstall ESET software now.

For me it seems like installation is allowing inbound communication in Firefox (application is possible to download update from internet and install it automatically)  but outbound communication is prohibited (whatever I will put into URL and confirm has no effect).

I was not made any changes in adjusting ESET software. 

Is there any option in adjusting of ESET software that can be checked and tried by which can be allowed communication for Firefox separately? I would prefer go this way than to uninstall ESET soft. if possible.

• Administrators

Basically only the firewall and protocol filtering can affect network communication. Since disabling either didn't make any difference, I assume that the problem would persist even without ESET.

I am using FF ver. 94.0.2 and am having no issues with the latest ver. of EIS.

36 minutes ago, Josefs said:

For me it seems like installation is allowing inbound communication in Firefox (application is possible to download update from internet and install it automatically)  but outbound communication is prohibited (whatever I will put into URL and confirm has no effect).

Make sure the Eset firewall Filtering mode is set to Automatic. This allows all outbound network traffic unless specifically blocked by an existing firewall rule.