[Top Urgent]False Positive

Hsien
Go to solution Solved by researcher,

Dear ESET,

This is Hsien from IObit. Please help forward this post to the person who may concern.

Your program ESET-NOD32 falsely report our file driver_booster_setup.exe and Deployer.exe as probably unknown NewHeur_PE. driver_booster_setup.exe is the setup file of our new program IObit Driver Booster, and Deployer.exe is its file.

Here are the virustotal results for your reference.

hxxps://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e72183748dca822f0f6783b2969bf432c7d28c0e46d4074ec639cf1121ebcc6e/analysis/1370521505/

hxxps://www.virustotal.com/en/file/881b429ddc9a6372204ec7998eddff680b84c24ee25e67850cd886f8cf61d9de/analysis/1370521769/

IObit Driver Booster is 100% clear and secure without any threats. You can download the setup file driver_booster_setup.exe from the link below for further analyzing.

hxxp://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_driver_booster.html

ESET is a worthy opponent and we appreciate what you have done in computer security. Please help us deal with this issue. If you need more information, please feel free to contact us @ support10@iobit.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a good day:)

• Administrators

The application will be analyzed and the detection adjusted accordingly to our findings. Having said that, we'll draw this thread to a close.

• ESET Insiders

Hmmm...

First I must say that this is my private opinion, not opinion of my or any other company.

This attempt of people who are behind IObit  reminds me on some similar attempts - to promote suspitious software as something good.

Across the Net lot of critics suggest that their program does not live up to its name, and compares poorly to equivalent free software. A significant percent of individuals that have installed the Advanced SystemCare have reported computer problems and 'glitches'

And for them, let me remind you all of something we all have time to read not so long ago:

hxxp://www.addictivetips.com/news/iobit-rips-off-others-hard-work-promotes-spyware/

(You can find a lot of similar posts across the Net....)

So - I'm saying that I dont trust them...

You all - should decide on your on.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

The software vendor's website promises:

"It's the right tool to protect your PC from hardware failures, conflicts, and system crashes."

This is how the software behaves during our testing:

post-45-0-73858000-1370596162_thumb.png

And the license for the madExcept can be bought here:
madshi.net/madExceptShop.htm

Hi Bart,

Thanks so much for the link. I'll do as you said next time. Guys are nice here :)

Hi Hsien

thanks for information - in future with simillar cases please report problem at samples :) bellow is info how to do this :)

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141&locale=en_US

Edited by Hsien

Hi researcher,

Thanks so much for your information.

It's our mistake that we forgot to pack the key into the Beta 1. That's a really embarrassing and stupid mistake:(. And we will release a new version with the key packed soon.

As Driver Booster is still in the beta phase, it has some bug.

Could you please help us find the Bugreport.txt in the installation directory (usually in C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster) and send it to me at support10@iobit.com?

By the way, please ignore the false positive as well. It will also be solved in the next release.

So sorry to bother you guys:) And thanks again for all your help.

Edited by Hsien